Navnirmiti’s DO & DISCOVER, learning by doing approach to learn math is a tried and tested over a decade. In an effort to reach a wider segment of our learning communities, NN has initiated the concept Math fair – For the children, by the children, to the children.
The first math fair was held in BMC schools in ‘S’ ward in the year 2012.
Selected students were trained in various mathematical concepts & became our resource persons. Very confidently they explained the concepts to other students, teacher & visitors.
Math fair aims to:
- Enhance logical and objective thinking abilities.
- To construct the proper self knowledge of mathematical concepts in students.
- To relate classroom math with real life experiences which is relevant to every child.
- Make math learning a sensible process by experimental method.
- Develop liking for the subject of mathematics among majority of children.
- Help children to overcome fear of math.
We believe that every child can learn and master Math by following approaches:
- Learning by doing, through ‘do and discover’ methods
- Learning by understanding and only by understanding
- Doing and experimenting is the basis of understanding and learning
- Making meaning not through rote learning
- Observing and seeing the world around us is a rich learning lab and children learn better and faster through inquisitiveness and experimentation. The knowledge gained through realistic situation remains with them through their lifetime.